- Part Time (16 – 24 hours per week TBA)
- £11.50 – 13.00 per hour depending on experience
Portmill Surgery is looking for an experienced part-time Finance Administrator to join our friendly team. The successful candidate will have previous financial experience, ideally from within a primary care environment, and be able to support the overall smooth financial operation of the business.
Portmill Surgery is a long-established, friendly seven-Partner GP Practice with an additional two Salaried GPs serving a patient population of circa 14,000. We have an established team of five Practice Nurses and two Health Care Assistants as well as our friendly administration team. We are highly active in our well-functioning Primary Care Network (PCN) which has several additional practitioners including Clinical Pharmacists, First Contact Physiotherapist and a Social Prescriber. One of our GP Partners is also the Clinical Director of our PCN.
We are a very forward-thinking Practice; we are keen to expand and offer new services to meet the needs of our patients, develop our staff and continue to deliver high quality care.
- Reporting to the Practice Manager, the post holder will have excellent communication skills and liaise regularly with the Practice Manager, Partners and accountants to present accurate and timely financial information whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- The post holder will ensure the overall smooth and efficient financial operation of the Practice. This will include general bookkeeping (using Xero accounting software), making payments, raising invoices and claims and producing timely and accurate financial information for management accounting and statutory reporting purposes.
- The post holder will ensure the effective running of the financial operation of the business including preparation of monthly payroll, bank transactions, submitting and reviewing all NHS and non-NHS claims and NHS Pensions management
More information on the main responsibilities of the role is available in the Job Description.
- Annual Leave entitlement of 5 weeks per annum plus statutory bank holidays (pro rata)
- Enhanced sickness pay scheme
- Eligibility to join the NHS Pension Scheme
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience for this position, we would warmly welcome your application.
How to apply:
- Please submit your CV with a covering letter, detailing your experience in the key areas of the job, to Jenny Walsh Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com.
- Please note that we will only accept electronic applications.
- 5.00pm on Friday, 19 November 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview on Thursday, 9 December 2021.
- If you are unable to attend on this date, please make this clear in your application.
- We regret we do not provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview.